Marathon – Salamis
Dates: Every Monday
(01 April – 31 October 2019)
Total Price (Per Person)*: 95€
*Special Prices for Groups
- "Choose Date" is a required field.
- "Room Req’ts" is a required field.
Some wars and battles have turned the course of human history in a fundamentally new way. In fact, the impact of military factors has changed the course of history not only in the short term, but in the long term as well. Such were the Greco-Persian Wars, often simply called the Persian Wars. At Marathon in 490 BC the Greeks defeated the Persians in their first invasion of Greece.
Marathon greatly enhanced the prestige of Athens and the confidence of people to democracy. Salamis was a naval battle in which the Greeks in 480 BC won a victory over the Persian fleet during the second Persian invasion of Greece. In the aftermath the Persian abandoned the idea of pursuing a naval campaign and withdrew to Asia.
Meeting Point: Syntagma Square
- 08.00: Departure for Marathon
- 09.00: Marathon battlefield
- 09.00 – 13.00: 3 stands, battle development
- 13.00 – 14.00: Return to Athens
- 14.00 – 15.00: Park of Maritime Tradiution – Trireme exhib
- 15.00 – 17.00: Egaleo Hill, battle development
- 18.00: Return to Syntagma Square
- Information material
- En route presentations
- All travel costs
- All entrance fees
- Professional presentations
- Pack meal or lunch
- Bottled water
- Memorabilia gift
- Pick up transport from/to hotels